Laboratory Manager – Inorganic Division
Permanent with a 3 month probation period – Full Time position – Monday to Friday
Depot Road, Newmarket
£Competitive Salary (dependent upon relevant qualifications and work experience)
Who we are:
Chemtest is part of the Eurofins Group, a leading international group of laboratories. We are an award winning company providing high quality analytical services and bespoke specialist testing throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe. Our staff are employed across a number of strategically placed locations, all utilising the latest technologies. Our laboratories are UKAS accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and, where applicable the Environment Agency MCERTS Performance Standard for soils.
We are a fast-growing company at the leading edge of environmental testing and analysis. We are looking for a high caliber and results focused Laboratory Manager. Learn more about Chemtest and the fields in which we operate visit www.chemtest.com
What we offer:
- A management position working to deliver operational KPI’s
- A varied role organising the daily duties and line management of the Inorganics Team
- A technical and collaborative team environment to achieve the timely flow of work and accurate information
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays, pension scheme, life and personal accident cover
- Extensive opportunities for continued professional development
What we are looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of, and hands on experience in, analytical chemistry
- Experience of working in a line management or supervisory role in a fast paced, results driven environment with good communication and intermediate MS Office skills
- A degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant science subject and previous experience of an environmental ISO17025 accredited laboratory
- Experience of working with one or more of ICP-MS/OES, IC, or HPLC instrumentation is desirable
- Experience of a Quality Management System, including root cause analysis on non-conformances and client communication on technical matters
Chemtest commits to equality of opportunity for all.
To apply, please send your CV and letter of application including your salary expectations, marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to Danni Powles, Human Resources, Chemtest Ltd, Depot Road, Newmarket, CB8 0AL or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 27th May 2019.
NB: Chemtest has the authority to amend the information advertised at any time. We recommend candidates submit an application as early as possible.
We are always interested to hear from candidates with analytical experience operating ICP-OES, ICP-MS, HPLC, GC-MS and GC-FID in a high throughput laboratory. If you have relevant industry experience and have analysed environmental samples for Metals, Anions, Cations, Petroleum Hydrocarbons, Pesticides, PCBs and/or Volatiles, then please send your CV and covering letter if you wish to be considered for future positions at Chemtest Ltd.